Friday 18 March 2011

Do flowers always have to be real ?

Personally I am not a fan of artificial flowers or the silk ones that you cna find in shops. I have always thought they were a poor imitation of the real thing. Although my love of flowers really does extend as far as possible, my hands are not as willing. Late last year I had an operation on my right hand to see if the problem could be solved, but alas it is with regret that I will stop doing floristry at the end of 2011.

What I have discovered though is that I have an interest in creating flowers in different ways. This has been seen at The Newmarket Wedding Show in January and had allowed me to play with different materials to create some fantastic flowers. So to give you an glipse of what is to come, these are some of the ideas I have been working on. I have made Roses and Ranunculas from skeleton leaves and have made Peonies from ribbons. There is great flexibility with this as well as the flowers will not die and can be kept forever. They can be made into many things including Wedding Bouquets, Corsgaes, Wrist Corsages and Buttonholes and not forgetting Headdresses for flowergirls. They are also more flexible than flowers for colourings, as they can be made out of many fabrics and mateirals. This means you could match your wedding colours, for example, maybe with a large cream carmen rose bouquet with brown leaves and centre and tied with chocolate ribbon.





More details can be found when the website becomes live, but if you would like more information before then please e-mail queries@wedding-workshop.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment